Explain Tannenbaum's 'Dramatization of evil' theory (5 marks).
Explain Tannenbaum's 'Dramatization of evil' theory (5 marks...
- Tannenbaum examined the process whereby juveniles came to the attention of authorities & was labelled different from other juveniles
- This process produced a change in how those juveniles were handled by the justice system & how they viewed themselves
- Tannenbaum called this process the “dramatization of evil”
- The process of tagging a juvenile resulted in youths becoming involved with other delinquents & these associations represented attempt to escape the society that was responsible for the negative labelling
- Thus they became involved in a deviant career
- In other words: The less evil is dramatized, the less likely youths are to become involved in deviant careers
Une fiche est liée à ce document :
LieselRobUniversity of Pretoria - Criminology
Unit 9 - Labelling Perspectives KRM 310 ...
These are my summaries for Criminology 3rd year, containing all the book information we had to study as well as extra class notes.